Gaining DVSA Earned Recognition status will give your business the competitive edge it’s looking for.
DVSA Earned Recognition
The voluntary scheme is ideal if you’re looking to reduce the inconvenience and disruption caused by DVSA inspections and roadside checks and will also demonstrate that you’re an exemplary operator.
As with any accreditation scheme, there are documents to produce and audits to carry out but we can work with you every step of the way. We will guide you and support you, by giving you expert advice, on achieving the status.
The DVSA Earned Recognition Scheme
The scheme is a way to prove your organisation meets driver and vehicle standards.
You regularly share performance information with the DVSA, in return, your vehicles are less likely to be stopped for inspections.
It’s a voluntary scheme that’s designed to work for operators of all sizes.
In a nutshell, the DVSA will know that you, as an operator, are safe and compliant, there are many other benefits too of course.
Having the status will reduce your roadside stops, improve road safety, it’s great PR for your business, it’s free to join and you will gain an advantage over your competitors.
To find out in a little more detail about the benefits, check out our previous blog on the benefits HERE.
- You will be required to have one electronic system for vehicle maintenance and another for driver hours designed to meet a set of key performance indicators (KPIs). The system must be able to record and deliver real-time data in line with DVSA guidance.
- Reports from the operator will be submitted every 4 weeks, the reports are a one way reporting system directly to the DVSA. The DVSA cannot access your systems, the data is sent by you, and checked against the set KPI’s for the scheme.
- You will need to have systems in place, which are validated by the DVSA for reporting maintenance and vehicle KPIs. The systems can be fully digital, a mixture of manual or digital or just manual for maintenance and vehicle reporting.
- When the scheme fully launches and you’re in it, your drivers and vehicles will be less likely to be stopped at the roadside by the DVSA.
We’re approved auditors for the Earned Recognition scheme so know the system from top to bottom and inside out, working with your team and finding out more about your business, we will:
- Complete a detailed transport audit, which aligns with the standard
- Present an action plan for areas of improvement to meet the standard
- Review the action plan to ensure the standard is met before sending to the DVSA
- Celebrate with you when you gain earned recognition status (the last one is optional!)
If required, we can continue to support you with any questions or guidance once the standard is met.
You will have the support, confidence and quality service you need when you start to work with our friendly team.
Want to find out more?
We’re a social bunch and like nothing more than chatting to you about how we can help, give us a call or if it’s more convenient for you, drop us an email and we’ll get right back to you.